][Date Next][Thread Prev
][Thread Next][Date Index
More|Tomcat Brain Transplant
- To: tcp-group%ucsd.edu@Sdsc.BITnet
- Subject: More|Tomcat Brain Transplant
- From: clark%tomcat.gsfc.nasa.gov%ucsd.edu@Sdsc.BITnet (Tom Clark -- W3IWI)
- Reply-to: clark%tomcat.gsfc.nasa.gov%ucsd.edu@Sdsc.BITnet
With a lot of help from Bob Hoffman, tomcat is now running the 900102 version
of NOS online (assuming it doesn't croak!).
Had two problems:
(1) I got caught in a nameserver storm that created a 650 kbyte domain.txt
file consisting of duplicitous entries after about 5 minutes of constant
disk access. Hint: Let NOS create its own domain.txt file initially.
(2) I got caught with the interfaces having a 0.0.0.0 IP address associated
with them. Hint: put the ip address [126.96.36.199] statement in
autoexec.net >>BEFORE<< any attach statement, or else you will have to
figure out that you can enter a statement like
if ethernet ipa [188.8.131.52] and
if slip ipa [whatever]
Apparently the new code allows you to set different IP addresses on the
different physical ports!
Phil's latest NOS is on both flash and tomcat -- on tomcat it is called
net_jan.exe in \public\tcp\nos
Phil's new feature of separate saved screens for each session works very
nice -- Good Show!