ax25 filter

I have been getting garbage calls in my NOS ax heard lists, at my
switch, since changing from NRS to KISS interface on two of my ports.

I looked at the code and I believe that it does not really filter but
rather allows listing of source/destination data based on a switch.
It this correct?

What I did not understand is why no bad data ever appears in the Netrom
node listings. In looking at the code it appears that there is some
small amount of checking - like if the alias is ASCII and within a
certain length but I did not see more than that.

Since I do not see any RX HW data overruns on this system then can I
assume that the TNC is decoding garbage and sending it to NOS. Why
would'nt NOS reject based on a packet checksum?

The real netrom code uses an algorithum to look at the call and determine
if it is valid. Although not 100% efficient it does work. Could this be
applied to NOS.

73 Doug

Created 2004-11-12. Last modified 2004-11-12. Your visit 2024-04-20 04:31.55. Page created in 0.0213 sec.