Re: z8530drv at last...
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: z8530drv at last...
- From: email@example.com (Alan Cox)
- Date: Fri, 30 Dec 1994 14:28:45 +0000 (GMT)
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <MAILQUEUEemail@example.com> from "Joerg Reuter DL1BKE" at Dec 20, 94 05:13:57 pm
> Oh, no, not AGAIN!!! Should we discuss technical problems here or play
> spare-time lawyers? There are several reasons for that notice:
Technical issues would be nicer. This has got a little out of hand. I didn't
want it to start a flame war, although I could have been a little less explosive
in my original posting - sorry for that.
> 2. My notice should have following effects:
> - non-HAMs should at least ask before they use the driver (just
> want to know what's going on)
> - If a non-HAM uses the code he uses it without ANY warranty and
> can't claim to get any reward for damages. (The
> explicit exclusion of any warranty is usesless here in Europe.
> Judges won't accept it)
> 3. I don't wat citicen band user fooling around with MY work.
I don't want a citizen band user being stopped from using my work. Thats what
the GPL is designed to protect against. After all you are using quite a bit
of work by Fred N Van Kempen (A CB person).
I'm quite happy to leave this as a disagreement, but want to be sure people
downloading the program are aware of the issues.