Re: Unisys and LZW
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Unisys and LZW
- From: email@example.com (Alan Cox)
- Date: Thu, 19 Jan 1995 09:57:52 +0000 (GMT)
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <9501182038.AA3761@RELAY.HDN.LEGENT.COM> from "kz1f@RELAY.HDN.LEGENT.COM" at Jan 18, 95 12:32:40 pm
> This is surprising. Canada does not recognize US patents? I know that alot
Almost nobody on the planet recognizes software patents except the US and
I believe switzerland. The EEC explicitly states algorithms are not patents.
> of Asia doesnt, hence the bootlegging of Microsoft products etc but I would
> think that particually given the trade agreements with Canada that they
> would have to honor our patent laws and rights etc. Free Software Foundation
Patent law is very different to all of the other things. We don't have
software patents here --We do have copyright law and thats plenty enough.
> "May we live in interesting times" <- oops, probably get sued for typing
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous.." - Hawkwind.