Re: Unisys and LZW

> This is surprising.  Canada does not recognize US patents? I know that alot

Almost nobody on the planet recognizes software patents except the US and
I believe switzerland. The EEC explicitly states algorithms are not patents.

> of Asia doesnt, hence the bootlegging of Microsoft products etc but I would
> think that particually given the trade agreements with Canada that they
> would have to honor our patent laws and rights etc. Free Software Foundation

Patent law is very different to all of the other things. We don't have
software patents here --We do have copyright law and thats plenty enough.

> "May we live in interesting times" <- oops, probably get sued for typing

Alan
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous.." - Hawkwind.

Created 2005-01-02. Last modified 2005-01-02. Your visit 2024-04-19 02:50.33. Page created in 0.0167 sec.