Re: LPF Statement on the GIF controversy (LZW patent)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: LPF Statement on the GIF controversy (LZW patent)
- From: email@example.com (Mike Bilow)
- Date: Fri, 20 Jan 95 10:33:00 -0000
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
> In order to protect the validity of a patent, the holder is obliged to
> try to enforce it in an essentially non-discriminatory manner.
BP> Our patent attorney insists this is _not_ the case.
Let me try to rephrase that thought in a manner which might be more acceptable
to your attorney: failure to enforce a patent will weaken its enforceability.