Re: IP number problem
- To: email@example.com (Klarsen), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: IP number problem
- From: email@example.com (Ron Atkinson)
- Date: Sat, 25 Feb 1995 18:12:39 -0500 (EST)
- In-reply-to: <Pine.SUN.3.91.950225140525.4642A-100000@kazak> from "Klarsen" at F
My mailer said Klarsen said this:
> I know this has been discussed before but forget the solution. I
> am now coming through a slip connection that I us with nos. Problem is
> that I don't get the same IP number each time.
> At this time I check in and see what I get. Then guess and change
> the ip address and connect again. I luck out often but it is a pain.
> I have tried ifconfig ip add 188.8.131.52 and just reseting the
> ip address from the nos prompt. Neither work.
ifconfig <iface> ipaddress <ipaddress>
Something like ifconfig modem ipaddress 184.108.40.206
No reason I can think of why that won't work, give it a whirl.
Ron Atkinson N8FOW
AMPRnet : firstname.lastname@example.org
Internet : email@example.com