Re: Using the Kantronics Data Engine with the Yaesu FT-5100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Using the Kantronics Data Engine with the Yaesu FT-5100
- From: email@example.com
- Date: Wed, 8 Mar 95 22:53:53 PST
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello to all from Trinidad (The University of the West Indies) from Ryan
My problems are as follows :
1. I am using a DE19K2/9K6 Modem in the Kantronics Data Engine at 9600 baud
. I would like to
know the jumper settings on the modem (JP1, JP2, JP3, JP4) for a Yaesu FT-5100.
2. On contacting Yaesu, I was told that the jack at the back of the radio m
ay be used for
only 9600 baud packet operation; not 1200 baud (this was not stated in the manua
l). What I would
like to know is, has anyone ever tried operating at 9600 baud with this jack? An
d did it work?
If it didn't initially, what mods were required ?
3. In JNOS110h, my SMTP client only works if an MTU of 1128 is defined. Doe
s anyone else have
this problem or it just me ?
Thanking all in advance for your time and helpful responses.