Re: Unconnected Internet address ranges
- To: Kurt Freiberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Unconnected Internet address ranges
- From: John Hight <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 13 Apr 1995 11:08:00 -0700
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org (TCP-Group Mailing List)
- In-reply-to: Your message of "Thu, 13 Apr 1995 11:03:35 CDT." <199504131603.LAA27711@logrus.cs.tamu.edu>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
>Is there a suggested address subnet that would be for folx that want
>to have a TCP/IP network that would talk in amongst themselves, but
>not connected to the Internet? One host may have an interface to the
>Internet, but will not route. I seem to remember that 10.0.0.0 was
>suggested, but that is assigned to ARPAnet. I know that one can use
>any old address, but they want to be "proper".
I believe there is an RFC which deals explicitly with this question.
Sorry, I don't know the number. If you were to call the folks at the
Internic (AT&T), again sorry, I don't remember the number, they will
tell you the correct rfc number. Alternatively you can try sending a
"help" message to firstname.lastname@example.org (or something like that).