NOS memory leak identified

Hi folks,
Somewhere between the 900828 version and the 901128 version there was
a bug introduced in dirutil.c.  In the function dodir(), the argv
parameter for the call to domore() is dynamically allocated.  In the
old version, this was freed by calling freeargs, and in the new version
the call is missing.  The result is that you get 2 more mallocs than
frees every time you get a directory listing.  I suspect that this
is related to the fact that newproc() now has a flag as one of its
parameters to specify whether arguments should be freed on termination
of the process. The problem is, in this case the command is not
associated with  new process, only a new session.

We're not talking about much memory here, but every little bit helps :-)
Dave

Created 2004-12-21. Last modified 2004-12-21. Your visit 2024-04-20 12:06.34. Page created in 0.0231 sec.