BBS Message Truncation

Hi all,
I saw someone refer to this bug in G1EMM kh113013 before Xmas but
saw nothing more. This is a major headache locally, where all BBS
mail comes from an MSYS box which forwards using the AX25 BBS.

One of my users has actually observed this. What happened was:

1. The BBS starts (S)ending a message.
2. All goes OK until the local Node sends out an ARP for a station
that is off the air.
3. At this point the local node stops acknowledging the MSYS box.
4. After about 2 minutes and 10 retries, the MSYS box DM's the local
node.
5. The partial mail file is then delivered locally as a completed
mail message (IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DISCARDED).
6. After this the local node bursts back into life.

He comments that the local node didn't appear to be doing anything
during this 2 minute period, but I wonder if it was calculating its
RSPF nodes table; the machine is a 10MHz AT. (The ARP may be a red
herring).

Any ideas why it went to sleep? And how do we fix the partial mail
message? (He is running kh113014).
73 Gareth
Gareth Howell G6KVK
g6kvk@g6kvk.ampr.org          AMPRNET          [44.131.19.1]
garethh@compulink.co.uk       EUNET
g6kvk@gb7khw._2111.gbr.eu     UK BBS Network
29 Blackmore, Letchworth, Herts ENGLAND SG6 2SX +44 (462) 677090

Created 2004-12-21. Last modified 2004-12-21. Your visit 2024-04-26 09:29.59. Page created in 0.0173 sec.