BBS Message Truncation
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: BBS Message Truncation
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Mon, 07 Jan 91 23:15:26 cst
..1. The arp may or may not be a red herring. I have observed that the cur-
rent Kelvin code seems to want a keyboard input immediately upon start up, and
virtually instantaneous gratification for ARPs, PINGs, etc when it issues them
2. If you do MEmory STatus requests during this epileptic period, you'll
notice that your memory has taken a hike. If you are above 8kbytes remaining,
you're ahead of the game. Even with the threshhold watchdog, the system can
take off for the weeds between the time that it was detected and the screen was
written. This is just great for when you're trying to keep up a stable system.
3. The response is measured in seconds to minutes on an AX25 system. On an
ethernet/internet system, it seems to be in fractional seconds.
Wish I knew how to find/fix it!