Unreachable messages

  Maybe I am not remembering correctly but I thought that in the old
net - unreachable hosts messages came back at the user prompt??

  The reason I bring this up is that it seems in NOS if I send a TCP/IP
packet to the local switch for which it has no route it does send an
unreachable code host message back but you ONLY see it if you have trace
on. If you FTP (for example) to this invalid address should'nt this response
reset the session? My station just keeps sending out the FTP request and
the switch keeps sending back unreachable (viewable only in trace) - the
console never receives any message and thinks that it is trying - which it
would do forever. Is this correct?

Doug

Created 2004-12-21. Last modified 2004-12-21. Your visit 2024-04-19 16:03.25. Page created in 0.0221 sec.