NETROM query

Yes, it is.  I asked Dan Frank about this some time ago.  He said that in
his implementation of NET/Wrong for NET, it will only try the highest-
quality route (unlike the original and its clone, which will try up to 3
different routes.  I'm not sure about the G8BPQ implementation).  I didn't
ask whether it was a deliberate omission on his part, or simply something
he didn't get around to.  In my experience, the alternate routing attempts
are often more of a hindrance than a help anyway.  Ever try pinging an IP
node which has gone off the air, via a route which includes several "real"
netrom nodes?  With all the thrashing about trying alternate routes, the
ripples from that innocent little ping can take several minutes to die down!

Barry VE3JF

Created 2004-12-21. Last modified 2004-12-21. Your visit 2024-04-26 08:30.29. Page created in 0.0257 sec.