TTYLINK Question

> >Has anybody tweaked the ttylink code to allow a ttylink connection (telnet
> >port 87) to be re-directed to a COM# async port? My reason for wanting this
> >is to allow access to a RS232-equipped instrument to be accessed over the
> >network.

I'm working on making a telnet to port 23 do this.  Basically, turning ka9q
into a modem or async host (or whatever you want to attach) server.

> into KISS mode or dialing a modem.  There is also a "tip" command
> which can be used to access a dumb terminal mode using one of the
> asy interfaces.

If I understand it correctly, tip allows the console (not a remote
user) to talk to an asy port.  Is there a way to "log in" to the
console from a remote connection and do all the things that could be
done from the console?

Created 2004-11-12. Last modified 2004-11-12. Your visit 2024-04-18 00:44.56. Page created in 0.0224 sec.