Re: ipv6

> | layers fixed.  56k should be the _bare minimum_ for any new IP station these
> | days.
> You're buying us the new equipment, right?  No?  Then think again before
> trying to set a minimum speed.

It's also not needed. IPng should eventually give us lots more address bits,
and I would hope the amateur community can get enough bits that we have room
for callsign->IP encoding with say 16-20 bits of routing too. That with
header compression will make our IPng frames smaller than IP ones because
we can compress out the callsign bits as the AX.25 layer carries them for
us.

Alan

Created 2004-10-04. Last modified 2004-10-04. Your visit 2024-04-26 17:56.28. Page created in 0.0252 sec.