Re: TCP-Group Digest V94 #276
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: TCP-Group Digest V94 #276
- From: Phil Karn <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Dec 1994 17:24:51 -0800
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <m0rFPwy-0004grC@bogomips.ee.ubc.ca> (firstname.lastname@example.org)
>> Externally it is flat. That's the way it's connected, and until the
>> deployment of advanced routing protocols in all of the Internet,
>> it's going to have to continue to appear flat to achieve connectivity
>> with the rest of the Internet. Unfortunately.
>What exactly are these protocols (I've read about a few that might apply,
>but I don't know which you have in mind) and is there any timetable for
CIDR (Classless Internet Domain Routing). Basically, they've rediscovered
the scheme that's been in NOS for many years. There are a number of
Internet Drafts and RFCs on the subject.