Linux and a Thinkpad

	Hi guys I have an IBM 750c laptop computer that has no cmos
memory and for that reason it cannot boot Linux. I tried the UMSDS root
disk in hopes it didn't need to know anything about the HD, but no joy.
It seems to be a boot disk problem.

	I did read the stuff for slackware 2.01 and it did say the
Thinkpad does have a problem. And you should use scsi.gz as your boot
disk and hold the left-hand shift key but that didn't work on my Thinkpad
either. I'm at a loss.

	Any help will be appreciated.

	73, de karl k5di@k5di.nm.usa.na k5di@acca.nmsu.edu
           DOS and Windows some say are bad software, but facts
           do not support this. Bill Gates has more than a
			Billion dollars!

Created 2004-10-04. Last modified 2004-10-04. Your visit 2024-05-01 22:06.02. Page created in 0.0461 sec.