Re: NOS is evil
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: NOS is evil
- From: Phil Karn <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 12 Dec 1994 19:14:23 -0800
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <m0rFsN3-0004k8C@bogomips.ee.ubc.ca> (email@example.com)
>The XLZW extension isn't very useful: noone on the real internet uses
>it; it's completely non-standard. I can turn the tables around, and
>ask whether JNOS smtp supports MIME and ESMTP; I don't think it does.
>(more people use ESMTP than will ever use XLZW)
This can change. All somebody has to do is write an Internet Draft
that sets out the details and send it out for comment. I think a
stream compression option for TCP would be generally useful and would
pick up a fair amount of interest.