Re: Restrictive copyrights on Amateur Radio software
- Subject: Re: Restrictive copyrights on Amateur Radio software
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Dave Perry VA3DP)
- Date: Sat, 17 Dec 1994 05:21:18 GMT
- Apparently-to: email@example.com
- Distribution: culist
- Newsgroups: culist.tcp-group
- Organization: Carleton University
- References: <m0rImiV-0006blC@mongo.pixar.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org (News Administrator)
Bruce Perens (email@example.com) wrote:
: The scc.c in Phil's NOS RCS sources gives primary credit to Ken Mitchum
: KY3B <firstname.lastname@example.org>, and secondary credit to PE1CHL.
: Obviously, this is not one of the files that Phil can release. If we
: can't get clearance on an SCC driver, we'll just have to write another
: one. This is unfortunate, as it'll put off the day when Linux can
: offer all of the capabilities of NOS and more.
: Bruce Perens
The PI/PI2 driver (technically an SCC driver) is GPL-ed. It won't run a
generic SCC card though.
Dave Perry VA3DP | Any opinions expressed here are mine and are not
email@example.com | necessarily those of Carleton University.
| "Moo-ahhhh" - FZ