Restrictive copyrights on Amateur Radio software

In your message of Fri, 16 Dec 1994 16:09:00 PST, you write:
+---------------
| can't get clearance on an SCC driver, we'll just have to write another
| one. This is unfortunate, as it'll put off the day when Linux can
| offer all of the capabilities of NOS and more.
+------------->8

SHould I ever get time, I'm going to finish my work on a driver for the
PackeTwin.  My current work is based on the register information from the
provided Gracilis driver; I'll have to find out just how much of a problem
that is (Bdale, you're out here, right?  Any ideas?)  I originally asked for
just a hardware description instead of code to work from, specificaly to
avoid such entanglements, but was unsuccessful.  (It being obvious that a
Z8530 SCC register description would be insufficient.)

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH	 [44.70.248.67]		bsa@kf8nh.wariat.org
Linux development:  iBCS2, JNOS, MH					 ~\U

Created 2004-10-04. Last modified 2004-10-04. Your visit 2024-04-19 05:10.38. Page created in 0.2514 sec.