Re: AMPR.ORG robot
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: AMPR.ORG robot
- From: "C. Harald Koch" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 9 Feb 1995 10:51:08 -0500
- In-reply-to: Your message of "Thu, 09 Feb 1995 08:50:00 -0500". <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Organization: UT Network & Operations Services, External Network Fac. Mgmt.
- Phone: +1 416 978 0992
Mike Bilow writes:
> To begin with, perhaps the AMPR.ORG robot needs to be a little smarter. Why
> not have it issue a warning reply if someone makes one of the common errors,
> such as trying to define a CNAME record concurrently with other data or
> appending an extra dot?
I don't know if it's any smarter, but check out:
It's a CGI script for mangling DNS data from a forms-based web page.
On my list of "things to do when the fires stop burning" is to look at
extending this to support an email interface. Maybe someone else will beat
me to it? :-)
C. Harald Koch | University of Toronto Computing & Communications
email@example.com | Network & Operations Services
+1 416 978 0992 (voice) | External Network Facilities Managment
+1 416 978 6620 (fax) | 4 Bancroft Ave., Rm 101, Toronto, ON M5S 1C1