Re: Gracilis card question
- To: Gary Crum <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Gracilis card question
- From: Paul Traina <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Feb 1995 21:58:57 -0800
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: email@example.com's message of 18 Feb 1995 21:41:40 PST
> I don't suppose Cisco software is useable on amateur radio, since AX.25 is
> not used. Has anyone looked into the possibility of using KA9Q-derived
> software with Cisco hardware?
Yeah, a new encapsulation could be added similar to the existing X.25 code,
but it's a ton of work. The base OS that cisco uses has conventions that
are completely different from that of NOS internals.
> I don't think Cisco would give out enough
> hardware information for the task to be doable, but I just thought I'd
> mention it in.
Nope, not gonna happen unless a bunch of Ham's at cisco get the energy to
hack in AX.25 support. In 3.5 years, I haven't had the desire to do it.
486 PC's are dirt cheap. :-)