Re: Gracilis card question
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org (Paul Traina)
- Subject: Re: Gracilis card question
- From: email@example.com (Alan Cox)
- Date: Tue, 28 Feb 1995 09:49:18 +0000 (GMT)
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <199502280558.VAA28057@feta.cisco.com> from "Paul Traina" at Feb 27
> Yeah, a new encapsulation could be added similar to the existing X.25 code,
> but it's a ton of work. The base OS that cisco uses has conventions that
> are completely different from that of NOS internals.
AX.25 is rather different to X.25, and quite different in some ways to LAP-B.
I found much of this out the hard way using a LAPB stack to build the Linux
AX.25. Just UI frame stuff is easy however.
> Nope, not gonna happen unless a bunch of Ham's at cisco get the energy to
> hack in AX.25 support. In 3.5 years, I haven't had the desire to do it.
> 486 PC's are dirt cheap. :-)
Compared with a CISCO yes.