Re: MACA, DUAL, FEC, etc.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: MACA, DUAL, FEC, etc.
- From: email@example.com (Brian Kantor)
- Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 19:49:01 -0800
- In-reply-to: <m0rqo84-0004jfC@bogomips.ee.ubc.ca>
It seems to me that none of these projects is so big or so expensive
that one person can't produce one as proof-of-concept.
I think one of the biggest impediments to progress of ham radio
networking is the idea (no doubt inherited from NASA and other
government-sponsored projects) that it takes a big organization
with a lot of funding and people to make a difference.
Just a few adventurous souls each could select the part or project
or new idea that interests him and run with it. No need to wait around
for others to jump on the bandwagon - in any club, there's only one or
two people doing anything anyway. Be that one.
cf: Parkinson's Law, The Mythical Man-Month, the Petter Principle.