Re: JNOS & the PLIP (parallel-port IP) driver
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: JNOS & the PLIP (parallel-port IP) driver
- From: Paul Traina <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 29 Apr 1995 10:18:42 -0700
- Cc: TCP-Group@ucsd.edu
- In-reply-to: Your message of "Sat, 29 Apr 1995 13:19:00 -0000." <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I believe so, it was store-bought and advertised as a laplink cable.
That is a good point, I could just be getting noise one one of the status
lines, which might explain why I get one out of every n packets, but the
chance of that is pretty low.
I'll pull out the multimeter and check the cable. Thanks for the reminder.
From: email@example.com (Mike Bilow)
Subject: JNOS & the PLIP (parallel-port IP) driver
Paul Traina wrote in a message to Mike Bilow:
PT> Is it simply that the PLIP driver is a piece of crud?
PT> Laplink seems to work just fine and dandy. :-(
Does your parallel cable have all of its pins wired?