High speed packets

I am interested in running a system with the 56kb modems. One of the
things I need to know is how you drive the things from NET.exe running
on a PC. Do TNC's run this fast? The serial line between the PC and the
TNC wouldn't support this kind of data rate, I don't think.

What hardware and software do you need to run one of these things? Do
people use some PC-bus HDLC card and special driver, or what?

I've sent off some requests for info on the modem boards to the GRAPES
organization, and am eagerly awaiting more info.

Thank you,

        Henry, N1EZP

Created 2004-12-21. Last modified 2004-12-21. Your visit 2024-04-19 20:34.05. Page created in 0.0216 sec.