OS/2 device driver for PI

As I mentioned some time ago, I think to the group at large, the most
limiting factor in writting a DD for OS/2 is the device itself. It would
be rather senseless to attempt a driver for a "non-existant" device. The
initialization and strategy are so much the problem, its the interrupt
routine. Again, OS/2 device drivers arent a trivial task, but then neither
is it rocket science (although you can see it from there). The major hurtle
is debugging in ring 0, in order to do that in a realitively easy manner
you need a debugging kernel, in lieu of that one would need to be extremely
lucky or patient. Running in R0 is like haiv...having the keys to the
city and an eror...error there could be catastrofic(sic). Walt

Created 2004-11-12. Last modified 2004-11-12. Your visit 2024-04-20 03:40.31. Page created in 0.0254 sec.