Re: Should we share?

glg@balrog.k8lt.ampr.org said:
> P.S. I think Brandon's idea of using DHCP (dynamic assignment of IP
> addresses) is a great one, not to solve routing problems, but to make
> it easier for new users to get started.  I wouldn't mind being able to
> automate some of the IP address assignment job.  Of course this basic
> idea has been around since at least 1987, and nobody has run with it
> yet.

MacTCP does this (optional) when negotiating an AppleTalk to IP connection
with a gateway. When the network is configured this way it is hard to
forward SMTP mail to a Mac because it might have a different address each
time the Mac is rebooted.

73, David N4HHE
dkelly@nebula.tbe.com

Created 2004-10-04. Last modified 2004-10-04. Your visit 2024-04-20 00:53.01. Page created in 0.0513 sec.