Re: Should we share?
- To: Fred Goldstein <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Should we share?
- From: "Louis A. Mamakos" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 01 Dec 1994 11:15:45 -0500
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: Your message of "Thu, 01 Dec 1994 09:33:28 EST." <199412011444.GAA22589@ucsd.edu>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
> AX.25 routing? Gag me, Witherspoon! It is like building large
> extended LANs. I sort of make a living now helping clients dig
> themselves out of that hole.
> fred k1io
But you can also look at the AX.25 level-2 fabric as a switching
facility, much the same way that you use Frame Relay to carry IP and
other protocols. If you can, somehow, use it to connect together
different radio subnets into one larger, logical subnetwork, then it
could actually win. Maybe.
Louis A. Mamakos, WA3YMH email@example.com
Backbone Architecture & Engineering Guy uunet!louie
AlterNet / UUNET Technologies, Inc.
3110 Fairview Park Drive., Suite 570 Voice: +1 703 204 8023
Falls Church, Va 22042 Fax: +1 703 204 8001