Re: Citizens Radio on Internet
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Citizens Radio on Internet
- From: Phil Karn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 1 Dec 1994 12:34:23 -0800
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <9411291829.AA05387@xenon.x.org> (email@example.com)
>I'm assuming that an FCC-regulated RF path exists in every case of
>a .AMPR.ORG address. If that weren't the case, I'd wonder why the
>node owner wanted an address in that domain.
My home machine is unix.ka9q.ampr.org, but it's connected to the net
with a SLIP dialup through work. No radio links involved.
I didn't want my home machine to appear under the qualcomm.com domain,
so something under ka9q.ampr.org seemed as good as anything.