Re: NOTICE-WARNING- TIME BOMB!!
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: NOTICE-WARNING- TIME BOMB!!
- From: Phil Karn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jan 1995 17:26:51 -0800
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <199501242218.OAA29635@feta.cisco.com> (message from Paul Traina on Tue, 24 Jan 1995 14:18:50 -0800)
>What we did was also poison the memory freed with 0x0d's so any deref
>would cause a fault and a crash right away.
Good idea, at least for debug versions. I think I did this myself,
although as I recall I used the hex pattern "FEED FACE DEAD BEEF" -
which I picked up way back in high school when I cut my teeth on the
You probably wouldn't want to spend the overhead on the memset() calls
in a production version.