Re: Policy Traceroute Program needed
- To: Pinchook Ronen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Policy Traceroute Program needed
- From: Geert Jan de Groot <GeertJan.deGroot@ripe.net>
- Date: Mon, 17 Apr 1995 22:57:06 +0200
- Cc: TCP-Group@ucsd.edu
- In-reply-to: Your message of "Fri, 14 Apr 1995 04:30:01 PDT." <199504141130.EAA13677@mail.ucsd.edu>
- Sender: email@example.com
> From: Pinchook Ronen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I'm looking for a traceroute program that will show the Atonomous System
> Of the routing in it .
> The Program can be for Sun Or PC .
> Also looking for traceroute for PC that will show the hostnames of
> the nodes and Not only the IP
> Currently I have such program For PC that shows the IP Only.
Check ftp.ripe.net:pride for software and documentation.
Note that you need a Routing Registry to make this work since there
is no other way to map back from an IP number to an AS announcing it.
I think that it isn't likely that AMPRnet will need policy routing
anytime soon - this stuff is aimed at the Global Internet and probably
doesn't do you any good trying to make it do anything sensible on
73, Geert Jan PE1HZG