Re: NOS for DJGPP...

   Date: Wed, 26 Apr 95 15:02:00 -0000
   From: mikebw@bilow.bilow.uu.ids.net (Mike Bilow)

   Russell Nelson wrote in a message to Mike Bilow:

    RN> What's a Clarkson Packet Driver?

   :-)

No, I'm serious Mike.  I bought the software from Clarkson, and they
asked me not to call them the Clarkson Packet Drivers.  They've
already threatened to sue other people infringing on the Clarkson
trademark, so I'm sure they're serious about it.

They're the Crynwr Packet Driver Collection.

    RN> DJGPP has packet driver support already built into its DOS
    RN> extender. The Crynwr packet drivers work just fine with DJGPP.

   My understanding was that this imposes constraints of some kind on the packet
   driver, and that it must be written so that it will work with Windows, DJGPP,
   or some DPMI system running on top of it.  In other words, my understanding i
   that some packet drivers will work, but others may not.  Is this wrong?

Yes, this is wrong.  Anything that goes through DPMI to access packet
drivers (which DJGPP will do) will work over any packet driver.

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com>    http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software   | Crynwr Software sells packet driver support | ask4 PGP key

Created 2005-01-02. Last modified 2005-01-02. Your visit 2024-04-26 08:58.15. Page created in 0.023 sec.