JNOS & the PLIP (parallel-port IP) driver

I wanted to play with an ethernet-less notebook computer and JNOS.

I attached the laptop to yet another PC with a laplink cable and verified
that the physical connection was operational by running laplink...everything
worked just fine.

I then loaded the PLIP packet driver on both machines and attached and created
interfaces.  When I ping the desktop computer from the notebook computer,
it sees about one out of every 15 arp requests, and promptly sends an arp
reply, which the notebook never sees...so I just keep arping.

Both machines are running with 'enhanced' parallel ports.

Is it simply that the PLIP driver is a piece of crud?  Laplink seems to work
just fine and dandy. :-(

Created 2005-01-02. Last modified 2005-01-02. Your visit 2024-04-25 06:45.13. Page created in 0.0218 sec.