Re: Should we share?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Should we share?
- From: Raul Deluth Miller <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 1 Dec 1994 23:21:09 -0500
- In-reply-to: <9412012317.AA25469@acacia.itd.uts.EDU.AU> (firstname.lastname@example.org)
: > (*) introduce a routing protocol which lets ham endpoints manage
: > gateways.
: Sounds like the old digipeating way of doing things. I might of got
: it wrong here but the end users tell the gateways what to do? What
: happens if they don't know?
They get the generic routes, whatever those may be. The crucial
points to note are:
(a) user configured routes are only for a pair of the form:
ipaddr <--> ipaddr' mask'
where ipaddr is the configuring host's address.
(b) these tweaks would decay (presumably in harmony with the
"global" routing protocol's aging mechanism).
Raul D. Miller N=:((*/pq)&|)@ NB. public e, y, n=:*/pq
<email@example.com> P=:*N/@:# NB. */-.,e e.&factors t=:*/<:pq
1=t|e*d NB. (,-:<:)pq is four large primes, e medium
x-:d P,:y=:e P,:x NB. (d P,:y)-:D P*:N^:(i.#D)y [. D=:|.@#.d