Re: jnos and popmail

On 6 Jan 1995, Duvall, Mike J. wrote:

> John wrote ...
> > .......  We have
> >configured popmail on the server and user JNOS and the user popmail logs
> in
> >to ther server O.K, but never finds any mail (smtp rewrite file removed
> from
> >server). Where does the mail need to go on the server? Do we need some
> other
> >kind of rewrite file, etc. If we telnet to the server and get into the
> BBS,
> >mail is there!
>
> It sounds like you have done everything right...
> If the user can telnet to the server and login as himself and see the
> mail .. then
> his popmail will pick it up in my experience!

No, Johns problem is the afore mentioned rewrite of call@server to
call@call.ampr.org. The mail is in the smtp queue and cannot be accessed
from popmail. Change the rewrite to place the mail in a user area. THEN
if the user can telnet in and read the mail there, then popmail can find
it also.....

Brian A. Lantz                        brian.lantz@lantz.com

REAL PORTION of Microsoft Windows code:
	while (memory_available)	{
		eat_major_portion_of_memory (no_real_reason);
		if (feel_like_it)
			make_user_THINK (this_is_an_OS);
		gates_bank_balance++;
	}

Created 2005-01-02. Last modified 2005-01-02. Your visit 2024-04-26 14:18.21. Page created in 0.021 sec.